Hypercom T7 Plus
No account or service required!
While still a great terminal, the Hypercom T7 Plus is no longer supported with many processors. We strongly suggest a replacement terminal at this time. The Hypercom T4220 and Verifone VX520 are excellent terminals that should be supported by processors for much longer than the T7 Plus. Please check with your processor before ordering the T7 Plus to verify it is still supported.
The Hypercom T7 Plus is one of the best selling terminals of all time and we still recommend it as an entry level terminal. It is easy to use, reliable and inexpensive. The T7Plus has been in production for over 5 years and time has proven it to be a terminal that lasts. The T7 Plus was an upgrade and replacement for the popular T7P, and has become one of the most widely used terminals in the US. It is currently PCI-PED compliant and is compatible with most processors. The T7 Plus uses a fast thermal printer, and can accept external PINpads, electronic check readers, smart card or contactless readers, and other peripherals.
Supplies and Accessories
Hypercom T7 Plus Guides and Downloads (These open in a new window).
Hypercom T7 Plus Features
- "One-touch" functions
- 2" and 3" graphics-capable SureLoad printer with huge 80mm roll
- Fastest dial transactions in the industry
- Multi-merchant feature capable of up to 20 unique IDs in one terminal
- Up to 56K modem
- Optional, integrated Visa PED-approved PIN pad model
- Securely protects your investment from slamming with the unbreakable boot lock feature
- 19-button keyboard configuration available
- Supports a wide range of value added services such as check and loyalty
- Modifiable receipts provide customization opportunities
- Supports contactless payment and check imaging using external readers
The T7Plus is a remarkable POS solution that offers high performance and speed in a compact design. The legendary one-touch functionality simplifies operation and reduces training time by placing common functions at the push of a button. The SureLoad printer virtually eliminates helpdesk calls with its simple drop-in loading design. The T7 Plus features an extensive, proven library of software making it a simple, full-featured and reliable POS solution with a low cost of ownership.
- One-touch capability initiates all daily functions with one straightforward step, which makes for easy operation and reduced training times.
- SureLoad thermal printer design alerts cashiers to low paper conditions and allows paper to be simply dropped into place, which eliminates paper jams.
- Full-featured, secure terminal management system including local or web-based options.
- Industry-leading software includes the functionality necessary to introduce value-added opportunities to the merchant in an integrated application.
- The T7Plus boasts the fastest dial transactions in the business
- Download remotely in a fraction of the time to load other terminals with an optional 56K modem
- For deployment, use the terminal "cloning" feature with a fast-load cable to download terminals even faster. Use a multi-loader to download up to 12 terminals simultaneously!
- Graphics-capable thermal printer produces receipts in half the time of previous generation printers, which allows merchants to print logos and coupons directly at the POS.
- For challenging installations that have limited phone lines to spare, the integrated RS-485 capability enables multiple units to utilize one phone line through the addition of a Hypercom dial concentrator
- Backwards compatible with existing T7 family software for an extensive software library, which reduces training time and certification requirements
- Connect devices such as check imagers, PIN pads and check readers using the additional peripheral port to provide more payment choices
- Low cost of ownership due to one of the lowest failure rates ever for a device of its kind. Combined with its secure design and certifications from all major processors, the T7Plus is a complete, cost effective solution for any implementation.
Whether you're looking for a reliable payment terminal, innovative, value-add technology, or a complete electronic transaction management system, Hypercom can deliver. Our product portfolio ranges from basic credit authorization to full transaction transport and more. Hypercom is more than a one-stop shop for payment terminals, it's a provider of complete, end-to-end transaction solutions that expand the possibilities at the POS in ways that translate to greater profits.
Hypercom T7 Plus Specifications:
LCD: 2 lines x 20 characters (standard), 4 lines x 20 characters (optional);
backlight reliable to 50,000 hours(half-life calculated).
Elastomeric; 35 keys, water-resistant; 19 keys, 3 soft keys (optional); reliable to 500,000 keystrokes (calculated).
Magnetic stripe: Tracks 1, 2 (standard), Tracks 1, 2, 3 (optional); reliable to 400,000 reads (calculated).
Smart Card Reader: EMV4.0 certified; ISO 7816; non-captive; 3V and 5V cards; four 5V SAMS.
Modem: 56k (optional); 1200, 300 bps (standard); synchronous (SDLC) & asynchronous; 2400 bps (optional)
PIN pad port: RS-422 4-wire, compatible with S7C, S7SC, S8, S9, S9C, S9SC;
Peripheral port: RS-232.
SureLoad clamshell design, drop-in loading, thermal technology, 384 dots per line, paper roll 57 mm wide x 80 mm diameter.
RAM: 512 KB (standard), 1.0 MB (optional).
RAM backup: 5-year battery.
EPROM: 32 KB.
AC: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz.
DC: 24 V, 1A.
Visa PED approved; Physical: Intrusion detection, encryption coprocessor
PIN Encryption: DES: PIN-ANSI 9.8, MAC-ANSI 9.9, ANSI x 9.52, Triple DES.
Key Management: Master/session keys (12) or DUKPT.
10.0 in x 5.18 in x 2.5 in (25.4 cm x 13.2 cm x 6.35 cm).
1.5 lbs/0.68 kg approximate.
Humidity: max 85%, non-condensing.
ESD: 12,000 volts.
80,000 hours (MTBF calculated), excluding printer.