Equinox Hypercom T4220 (Ethernet)
No account or service required!
This terminal has been discontinued from the manufacturer and is not longer being produced. We recommend the following terminals as a replacement:
Verifone VX520 EMV from: $199.98
Ingenico iCT220 V3 from: $159.98
Ingenico iCT250 V3 from: $234.98
The Hypercom T4220 is a PCI-PED compliant, low cost, Ethernet credit card terminal. The T4220 is available in Smart card / EMV capable and non smart card versions. It is currently the most popular credit card terminal that we sell. The 4220 can process over an IP connection, or a traditional dial connection, and includes an IP diagnostics program making it easy to setup and diagnose connection problems. The T4220 includes a 15 line per second thermal printer, and has an internal PINpad for PIN debit transactions. An external PINpad can also be added for better customer convenience. The 4220 is one of the smallest credit card terminals available, roughly the size of a box of bank checks, and weighs less than 2lbs. With 24MB of memory, the T4220 can meet the needs of most merchants and can easily handle additional applications such as gift cards or electronic check services.
Supplies and Accessories
Equinox Hypercom T4210 T4220 Thermal Paper (Case)
Equinox Hypercom T4220 Guides and Downloads (These open in a new window).
The Optimum T4220 countertop terminal is the most capable IP and dial terminal in the industry today. Hypercom has combined the best-of-breed features of the Optimum family into this powerful IP device to suit any customer's needs - large or small.
The Optimum T4220 provides IP performance and security second to none. The Optimum T4220 comes standard with integrated PCI PED approved PIN entry capability, the safety of the HyperSafe®32 architecture and unrivaled IP transaction and download speeds. The Optimum T4220 also shares the same user interface as the T4200 family dial and wireless models for ease of migration and support.
The IP diagnostics application only found on Hypercom IP terminals is more than your average IP monitor, checking failure at the cable, in-store gateway, the ISP and then the processing host. It then clearly tells the user where the error occurred and then how to fix it! Don't just replace an IP terminal, fix the problem instead!
Equipped with more memory than competitor models, the Optimum T4220 accepts more applications to meet your needs now and in the future.
- PCI PED Approved
- EMV Level 1 & 2
- MasterCard PTSP Approved
- Interac Certified
- RoHS & China RoHS Compliant
- Retail and restaurant
- Small ticket sales
- IP customers
- Dynamic currency conversion
- Check verification
- Gift and loyalty
Secure IP Functionality with Dial Backup.
- Powerful - 32-bit ARM9 processor
- Fast - V.34 modem standard, IP downloads as fast as 2 minutes
- Functional - Full multi-application
- Easy-to-use - Help menus, IP diagnostics, single user interface and toolkit
- Adaptable - Optional EMV approved card reader
- Value - Integrated PCI PED approved PIN entry capability
- Flexible - Modular communications provide investment protection
- Secure - Meets all security standards - creates merchant retention
Optimum Security and Performance
Simple, Easy-to-Use Features
- SureLoad® thermal printer design with clear lid alerts cashiers to low paper conditions. The simple drop-in loading virtually eliminates paper jams and the large paper roll means more receipts between changes
- Large, ADA-style, 19-key layout allows for easy key recognition. The Clear, Enter, Cancel and "5" keys provide tactile feedback for visually-impaired customers
- Slim form factor makes it perfect for handover installations
- Color-coded port labels simplify service and support
- Industry-leading software includes the functionality necessary to introduce value-added opportunities to merchants.
Fast, Time-Saving Performance
- Graphics-capable thermal printer allows merchants to print logos and coupons directly at the point of service
- V.34 modem allows you to place this unit as a dial first - IP later and gives the assurance of dial backup to IP
- The ARM9, 32-bit processor provides speed and functionality. It delivers four times the processing power and speed of an ARM 7 processor used in competitive devices.
- Depot-upgradeable, modular communications provide a flexible platform that can quickly evolve as market requirements emerge. Provides investment protection and are easy to replace for faster service
- With more memory, 24MB standard, than competitive devices in its class, the Optimum T4220 easily handles software size increases due to regulatory requirements as well as the addition of value-added applications
- Every T4200 family model is PCI PED approved for PIN transactions
- The bright, white backlit display utilizes superior display technology to achieve a sharper image for maximum visibility
- Check imagers, PIN pads and contactless check readers can be connected using the peripheral port to provide more payment choices
- Secure design meets the most stringent security regulations in the industry, including PCI PED and PTSP. The HyperSafe32 architecture provides the ultimate protection against any unauthorized loading of applications.
19 buttons; PCI PED approved; water splash-resistant
6 navigation buttons
FSTN LCD with graphics
160 x 80 resolution
White LED, backlit
Magnetic stripe: Bi-directional, Tracks 1, 2, & 3
Chip card: Optional; EMV4.0 Level 1 & 2, ISO 7816
Three SAM slots
Primary: 10/100Base-T Ethernet
Ports: RS-232 for peripherals, PIN port for external PIN pad
SureLoad® clamshell design, drop-in loading, thermal technology, 384 dots per line 15+ lines per second
Paper roll: 2.25", 50mm diameter
SRAM (non-volatile): 512K
SRAM Backup: 5-year battery
AC: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
DC: 7.5V, 2.8A
DES: Visa PED approved; PIN-ANSI X9.8, MAC-ANSI X9.9 Part
Triple DES: ANSI X9.52
Key management: DUKPT and master/session keys
3.6 in (w) x 8.1 in (l) x 2.3 in (h)
1.06 lbs / 0.48 kg
Humidity: Max 85%, non-condensing
ESD: 12,000 volts